Wednesday 18 July 2012

Fuss free make-up

(Sorry for camera quality! I will get a better situation eventually)
Every woman has a look that they do when they just don't have the time or the patience for the whole shebang. I generally try to go for a neutral look that means I can leave the house in a hurry but still feel as if I look flawless. Nothing bugs me more than feeling insecure about my make-up and I feel this occurs most often when I'm rushed and I don't have the time to correct mistakes or put on that extra spot of concealer

I wouldn't call this look my everyday make-up as generally I make sure I have enough time in the mornings to do whatever I feel like, which is often Cleopatra eye-liner and a bright lip. I don't really believe in saving the really show stopping looks for a night out and nothing makes me feel more energised for a 9am lecture then a perfect red pout! I save this look for when 50's pin-up is either inappropriate or impossible. 

Okay so here's the look! As you can see its not much at all but there's enough make-up on my face to assure me that no one is staring at THAT huge spot and that my eyes don't look half-shut. 




Here's a break down of the products:

  • Foundation: Bourjois 10 Hour Sleep Effect in Abricote. This foundation is INCREDIBLE. It's very lightweight and looks natural on the skin but provides a fantastic amount of coverage. I would recommend a bit of light concealing and powder if you feel uncomfortable with a dewy finish but this really is a great, affordable, high quality base. 
  • Concealer: Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer in Deep. In my opinion this is the best concealer you will find on the highstreet! It easily outperforms its overpriced counterparts on the pharmacy shelves and it worth the meagre £4.19 it costs. The only negative is the shade range, anyone with darker skin than mine will not be able to wear this product, which is a huge shame.  
  • Powder: MAC Studio Tech Powder Foundation in NC41. I know what you're thinking, TWO foundations and a concealer?! But trust me, this not only mattifies the face and provides coverage, it also ensures that my make-up will stay on for a guaranteed 8 hours, looking the same as it did that morning. 
  • Cheeks: Benefit Hoola Bronzing Powder and NARS Blush in Gina. My unbeatable duo! Being Indian and all, I don't really need to add anymore bronze to my face but contouring is something I cannot leave the house without doing. I tend to contour my cheekbones, nose and double chin (shhh) and then layer my blush on top, never taking it further than my pupils. (Pictures don't do Gina justice, I'll give this product its own post soon...) 
  • Eyes: MAC Paintpot in Groundwork and Collection 2000 Multiplier Mascara. I find eye make-up to be really time  consuming, I usually find myself getting carried away and before you know it I look like I've gone ten rounds with Mike Tyson. So if I know I can't go all the way I keep it really simple and quick, a paintpot and mascara. 
  • Lips: NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Sex Machine. I love lips! My absolute favourite part of my make-up routine and I sometimes get carried away and do my lips before I even get started on my eyes. You can very rarely go wrong with NARS and these pencils are no exception, they could even be my favourite lip product ever (More in depth review and swatches to come!). I hardly ever wear gloss and matte lips are by far my preferred formula to rock, don't need to worry about your hair sticking to your lips when you're rushing out the door! 
Pav x

No comments:

Post a Comment